How to Avoid Viral Cough in any season?
A cough is a reflex mechanism which clears the throat and mucous membrane from dirt and foreign particles. The duration of a cough is three weeks to one month. It occurs as a result of viral infections or bacterial infections. Moreover, excessive coughing results in rashes and redness in the inner membrane of the neck region. A cough impair our sleep patterns and creates a very irritating impact on others.
Why not Medications for Cough Treatment?
However, there are a number of medications available in the market for the treatment of a cough. No doubt,they are helpful in curing cough for a relative period of time. But unfortunately, there is a one really big side effect of cough syrups. That side effect is sedation and constipation. As soon as you start using cough syrups you will get daytime sedation and will be unable to focus on studies and other works.
Why select Herbal Treatment?
Herbal treatments are the home based remedies which can be easily prepared at home and used for the treatment of a cough. They can be prepared instantly and are free from side effects. They provide immediate and fast relief against an irritating cough and gives relaxation and soothing effect. Moreover, the ingredients which are required for herbal remedies are easily available at home and one can prepare them as soon as he/she feels the need.
Suitable Remedy for a Cough
Now, there are a hundred if different remedies which are used in the home for treatment of multiple issues. For cough care, the one suitable remedy is “Honey and Pepper”. The basic reason for selecting this remedy is that it kills the bacteria and viral agents which are lying on the mucous membrane. Furthermore, they create a cushioning effect on the membrane and provide relief from a cough and pain.
Ingredients Required for Cough Care
The ingredients which are required to prepare this instant remedy include:
- Honey- two tablespoons
- Black pepper- one teaspoon
- Bowl and Spoon for mixing
Procedure for Preparation
The method of preparation is really very easy. Just follow the following steps:
- Heat the measured amount of honey in a pan or in the microwave.
- Put it in a bowl and add black pepper in it.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- The solution is ready for intake. You can also store it in a jar for further use. But make sure to reheat it before every use.
How to Consume?
Fill one tablespoon of mixture and orally intake it. If you feel it a bit spicy or bitter in taste, you can intake tea or hot stuff like milk after it.
It depends upon the intensity of your cough. You can take one tablespoon three times a day for better results. If your cough is severe, then take two tablespoons each time thrice a day. There is no limited time period for this remedy. You can also consume it on daily basis for chest infections and influenza. However, in case of a cough, you must continue it for two weeks.
Benefits of this Remedy
This honey pepper mixture can be used for a number of purposes like:
- A chronic Cough- a cough that lasts that more than three weeks can be treated by this solution.
- An acute Cough- a sudden cough as a result of dirt, pollution, smog etc can be treated immediately by it.
- Chest infections- Infections like flue, influenza, chest pain etc can also be cured by using this remedy.
- Allergic Reactions- People with allergic problems like asthma and sinusitis can use this for relief.
Points to Ponder
While using this remedy, you should take care of the following things:
- You must drink tea/coffee or any hot chocolate milk type things two times a day.
- Do not eat extra spicy food, as it can damage your inner lining of the mucous membrane.
- Increase your water intake as it helps in providing relief against a cough.
- It will be better if you take soup or things like that.
In a nutshell, it is enough to say that nothing can be a better solution for problems like a cough other than home remedies. These problems are easily curable and taking expensive medications will give you side effects like sedation etc. These remedies will improve your sleep cycle as well.